Transfer Credits

Transfer Credits

Dual Credit Courses

Credit earned for courses taken through the University of Idaho’s Dual Credit Program is recorded on a UI transcript and is transferable to any Idaho college or university. Students planning to attend an out-of-state college or university should check with that institution about transferability of credit received through a dual credit program.  Students planning to attend the University of Idaho need not do anything as dual credit received from the UI will move to their degree plan at the end of their first semester.

Advanced Placement (AP) Courses

The Advanced Placement program, sponsored by The College Board, is available in many high schools in Idaho and throughout the country. The University of Idaho grants credit (i.e., transfer credit) for Advanced Placement courses that students complete in high school if they get a rating of 5, 4, or 3 on the College Board standard exam. For more information on the College Board exams for the AP courses you’ve taken in high school, contact your high school guidance counselor.

Advanced Placement by Examination

The UI offers advanced placement credit in English if you attain minimum required scores on the America College Test (ACT), the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), the COMPASS, or the CEEB Achievement Test. You can find a listing of minimum required test scores for English and other disciplines, the University of Idaho course equivalence and the number of credits granted by checking the UI Registrar’s Office AP Credit page. These tests, along with the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and the CEEB Advanced Placement exams are administered through the Student Counseling Center on the UI campus. For more information on these exams and the fees involved, call (208) 885-6716 or email

More Info

» AP & CLEP Credit
» Transfer Credit Evaluation
» Transfer Guides