Eligibility Requirements

In accordance with State Board Policy, requirements for students enrolled in dual credit courses taught at the high school are defined as a “student’s ability to benefit” from a Dual Credit program such as having junior standing or other criteria established by the school district, the institution, and State Board of Education Governing Policies and Procedures.

  • Students who do not have junior status may register for the course with the approval of the instructor and counselor as noted by their signature on the registration form.
  • Students who have not completed the prerequisites to a course for which they are otherwise eligible may register for the course with the instructor’s approval (General Catalog B-5).

High school students who would like to take courses taught at the University of Idaho campus must be 16 years or older at the start of the semester or course and be prepared for the demands of college-level coursework.

  • Students under the age of 16 who are enrolled in a secondary school may seek admission to enroll in courses provided on the postsecondary campus by submitting a petition to the high school principal’s office and to the admissions office of the postsecondary institution.

How to Enroll

1. Complete the Online Admissions Application

First-time dual credit students or those who have not taken courses from the University of Idaho within the past two years, are required to complete the admissions application. This process admits students to the university and creates a student ID number. Once an application has been successfully submitted, students will receive a notification via email if an email is provided.

Continuing dual credit students or those who have taken courses from the University of Idaho within the past two years, are already active students in our system and do not need to go through the online admission process.

Questions? Contact the Admissions Office for help.

2. Print out the Paper Registration Form and Instruction Sheet

First-time dual credit students who have just gone through the online admission process may not have their student ID numbers when they fill out their registration form, so this field may be left blank.

Continuing dual credit students who do not have (or can’t remember) their student ID may call the ITS HELP DESK at (208) 885-HELP.

Text Books

Dual credit students are responsible for purchasing their own textbooks. Textbooks may be purchased from the University of Idaho Bookstore or an Internet source. If an Internet source is the preferred option, students should take care to purchase the edition or version specified by the instructor.

Add/Drop Courses

Dual credit students may not add or drop courses online. Any course change must be approved by a high school counselor. See Dates and Deadlines for course add/drop deadlines. Be sure to confirm all course changes by logging on to Vandal Web.

Add a Course

To add a course, fill out and secure signatures on the Application and Registration for High School Dual Credit form. Submit the form to the Office of the Registrar and they will add the course.

Drop a Course

To drop a course, students should send an email to their high school counselor requesting that the dual credit course be dropped. The high school counselor then forwards the email, along with their approval to The Office of the Registrar will drop the course for the student and notify them by email that the drop has been processed.

  • A “drop” is when students are taken out of a course within the posted drop/add period of not receiving a grade of W (withdrawal from course). A dropped course is not transcripted.
  • A “withdrawal” is when you are taken out of a course after the posted drop/add period (some instructors may withdraw students for nonattendance). A grade of “W” will be transcripted. This will not affect your college grade point average; however you should check your high school’s policy on how a W affects your high school grade point average and eligibility for participating in high school activities and programs.


Students attending courses on the University of Idaho Campus (or online) who are going to be absent because of a high school related activity should contact the Dean of Students at (208) 885-6757 to get administrative approval.

For courses held at the high school, students need to follow school district policy.

Grades & Transcripts

Grades are not mailed to students. Once a grade for any course has been posted, it can be viewed and printed by logging onto Vandal Web, and clicking on:

  1. Student Information/Registration
  2. Student Records/Grades/Degree Audit
  3. Display Final Grades

Grades are recorded on University of Idaho transcripts. Students must request a copy of this transcript and forward it to their high school so credit is transferred. Students may also request their transcripts be forwarded to another postsecondary institution so credit is transferred upon matriculation. See After Graduation below.

Complete information, including costs, is available at

Students who receive a D or F in a UI Dual Credit course, may repeat the course at the University of Idaho. On the first repeat, the original grade is excluded from the student’s UI GPA and replaced by the new grade; however, the original grade remains on the transcript. If the course is repeated more than once, then the grades received are factored into the student’s UI GPA.

Questions may be directed to the Registrar’s Office at (208) 885-6731.

Vandal Services

Vandal Setup

Activate all your Vandal Services with the help of Vandal Setup.

  • VandalWeb contains your official UIDAHO student records. VandalWeb is the site students use to access student account/billing information, class schedules, and grades.To set up your account and/or login, refer to the Vandal Setup link. (Having trouble logging into VandalWeb? Contact the ITS HELP DESK at (208) 885-HELP.)
  • VandalMail is the email system all University of Idaho students use. Instructors will contact students through their address. Students should check their account on a regular basis. (VandalMail Password Reset Help)
  • BbLearn is the University of Idaho’s course management system. Please ask your instructor if your course requires you to login to BbLearn. (BbLearn Help for Students)
  • Vandal ID Card is a University of Idaho student ID card that can provide limited to full access to several University of Idaho campus facilities. It will indicate Dual Credit Student on the face of the card until a student has graduated from high school. Cards may be obtained by visiting the Vandal Card office, located in the Student Union Building, and completing an application, or by calling the Vandal Card Office at (208) 885-9289 or (208) 885-7522.

Access to University Facilities

As long as students are formally enrolled in courses at the University of Idaho, limited to full access to the university’s many facilities may be available depending on the facility and the student’s age.

  • Library: All dual credit students have access to resources available at the University of Idaho Library. Simply click on the Services link, select Distance Education, and then click on the Distance Education Research Guide bar. More information is available by calling (208) 885-6584, or by email at Please note that students will need their Net ID (Vandal Email address and password). Students who need help retrieving this information should contact ITS at or (208) 885-HELP.
  • Campus Parking: Dual credit students attending courses on the University of Idaho campus may park in any available meter space with payment, however not all meters offer the same time limit. Dual credit students also have the option of purchasing an annual University of Idaho blue or red permit that allows parking in their respective colored lots. For more complete information about campus parking regulations, important announcements, maps, and frequently asked questions, visit Parking and Transportation Services or call (208) 885-6424.
  • Campus Recreation: Students who are 18 or older must buy a membership to use the Student Recreation Center (SRC). Students younger than 18 must bring a parent or guardian to the SRC with them to fill out a waiver and buy a membership. More information about the Student Recreation Center, Physical Education Building, Memorial Gym, Swim Center, and outdoor courts, fields, etc. is available by visiting the Campus Recreation website or by calling (208) 885-6381.
  • Golf Course: Visit the University of Idaho Golf Course to learn more about our amazing 18 hole course. More information is available by calling (208) 885-6171.

Student Code of Conduct

The University of Idaho’s Student Code of Conduct was developed in partnership with University of Idaho students and faculty and approved by the Idaho Board of Regents. It exists to educate students in understanding their rights and responsibilities as members of a safe, civil, and ethical academic community. Complete information can be found on the Office of the Dean of Students website under the Student Conduct link.

Academic Integrity

Academic integrity is the cornerstone value of learning. The University of Idaho is a proud member of the Center for Academic Integrity to provide faculty, staff and students access to tools, information and support to promote a climate of honesty and integrity on campus. Faculty, staff and student leaders have important responsibilities to contribute to this effort in creating an academic culture that celebrates honesty, fairness and trust. To discuss issues in more detail, please email Dean of Students Blaine Eckles or call (208) 885-6757.

After Graduation

Attending the University of Idaho?

Students planning to complete a degree at the University of Idaho after graduating from high school will need to apply for admission as an undergraduate student.

  1. Apply through Undergraduate Admissions
  2. Click on First-Year Students and then First-Year Students | Admission Requirements
  3. Select the link that best describes your status
  4. Don’t forget to check into Financial Aid
  5. If you have any questions, please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office at (208) 885-6326 or

Test Score & Transcript Reminder…

When Dual Credit students become degree-seeking students, they must provide ACT or SAT test scores, official high school transcripts, and official transcripts from any other colleges or universities attended during high school (classes taken as a University of Idaho Dual Credit student will automatically be available to our Admissions Office, so no action is necessary). Other specific requirements are outlined under the link on the page that best describes you.

Attending a different College or University?

Students planning to attend a different college or university will need to request a copy of their transcript from the Registrar’s Office and indicate where to forward it. Payment MUST be received with the request for transcripts.

  1. Go to Office of the Registrar
  2. Click on Request A Transcript
  3. Select the option that best fits your needs
  4. If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office at (208) 885-6731 or


The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, also known as the Buckley Amendment, governs the confidentiality of student records. FERPA applies to all admitted students at the University of Idaho. Therefore, parents do not have access to their dual credit student’s educational records without the student’s written consent. Written consent may be obtained by filling out a Consent to Release Student Information form and returning it to the Office of the Registrar.