Courses offered in High Schools
The University of Idaho offers dual credit courses on several high school campuses across the state. Students who enroll in these courses pay $65/credit hour plus any special lab or course fees, and upon successful completion they earn credit from the University of Idaho.
Courses offered on U-Idaho Campuses
Beginning fall 2012, students who are Idaho residents and enroll in courses offered on the UI campus will pay the part-time student fee noted on the Student Accounts website, plus any special lab or course fees.
Please Note: Out-of-state students pay an additional part-time, non-resident fee.
Beginning fall 2012, students who enroll in online courses will pay the part-time student fee noted on the Student Accounts website, plus a $35/credit hour technology fee.
Please Note: Non-resident fees do not apply to online courses.
We do not offer payment plans to Dual Credit students. All registration forms must have payment attached or they will not be processed.
Students who qualify for Fast Forward funding must follow the instructions below for Spring 2015 Dual Credit course registration and payment:
- New students (i.e., those who have never taken a dual credit course from the University of Idaho) must complete the online admission application, located on the Dual Credit website.
- Continuing students proceed with step 3.
- Student completes the University of Idaho Dual Credit Registration Form and obtains signatures from parent and high school counselor. Ensure a current form is used (i.e., two pages with instructions on the first page). It is located on the Dual Credit website.
- Student completes a Student Data Form for Advanced Opportunities Reimbursement when required (student should check with high school for requirements and assistance).
- Student completes CACG Scholarship Application if applicable.
- Student/parent writes check or completes Credit Card Payment Form for the amount due to the University of Idaho (contact high school for Fast Forward amount available).
- High school creates spread sheet that must contain the following data:
- Student name (Last and First)
- CRN (Course Reference Number) from registration form
- Total Amount Due for Course ($65 x number of credits + any special course fees)
- Amount of student payment being sent with registration
- Amount the district will be paying after receiving payment from the state
Note that Student Payment + District Payment must = Total Amount Due
- High school mails registration forms, CACG applications (if applicable), student payments and a copy of the spreadsheet to the University of Idaho Registrar’s Office (address in upper right corner of registration form).
- High school or district office emails a copy of the spreadsheet, which has been password protected, to Katherine Clancy, University of Idaho Student Accounts.
- Registrar will refer to the spreadsheet which indicates how much each student should have included with their registration form, and then enrolls the student(s) if amounts agree.
- Registrar forwards payments to Katherine Clancy in Student Accounts Office.
- Katherine verifies payments, creates a third party contract to credit the balance (amount listed as due from district), and then posts third party transfer to each student’s account.
- Once enrollment for the semester is completed, Katherine verifies that no changes have been made (i.e., students dropping or withdrawing) and sends the spreadsheet back to the district for confirmation/reconciliation.
- Near the end of May, Katherine will send invoices to the school districts.
- The University of Idaho will not know how much Fast Forward money students have available for Spring term. Students must work with their high school/school districts to determine this amount.
- Any late registrations not included with the high school’s initial submission (and spreadsheet) must also include an updated spreadsheet that reflects the added late registrations.
- Students from districts with which the University of Idaho does not have a Third Party Agreement must submit payment in full and then work with their high school/district for their Fast Forward reimbursements.
Any exceptions to the above work flow process must be vetted and approved by Katherine Clancy in Student Accounts.
We will not be able to enroll students without the spreadsheet.
Any account balances need to be cleared prior to processing any spring 2015 registrations.
Students who choose to pay their fees by credit card may use the Credit Card Payment Form on the Dual Credit home page. Simply print it out, fill it out, and attach it to the registration form.
Questions should be directed to Katherine Clancy in Student Accounts/Cashiers (208) 885-2132.
Courses offered on High School Campuses
- High school students who take courses on a high school campus are subject to the Dates & Deadlines posted on this site.
Any refunds after the above dates require students to file an appeal with the Administrative Hearing Board. Forms are available at Student Accounts/Cashiers. Call (208) 885-7447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Courses offered on U-Idaho Campuses
- High School students who take courses on the University of Idaho Campus are subject to the University’s Dates & Deadlines.